If you and your partner are struggling to connect, communicate or find the love and passion you once had, a couples therapist may be able to help.
Do you relate to any of the following?
- you and your partner are living increasingly separate lives where you struggle to connect with each other
- you feel anxious and depressed because of the endless cycles of fighting and distancing
- you constantly hurt each other in painful fights where conflict is never resolved
- you both feel unheard and have given up trying to communicate
- the spark has gone out of your relationship; it feels like you are living together as friends or flat-mates
- you notice a lack of affection and your sex-life is diminishing or non-existent
- you think your partner is cheating and you both keep secrets that create more pain and distance
- you struggle to trust each other and are suspicious, jealous or insecure about your relationship and where it is going
When your relationship is not working it can affect every aspect of your life; your work, relationships with friends and family and your overall ability to feel happiness and joy.
Relationship conflict can lead to anxiety, depression and poor physical health.
When complaints lead to criticisms and defensiveness leads to stonewalling, you may be finding yourself in a relationship where you feel contempt, disrespect and disconnection. You don’t know how you got there, because it was all so easy-going in the beginning. Perhaps you are increasingly feeling alone and unsupported by your partner. You keep hitting roadblocks every time you try to work through your differences and you’re left feeling frustrated and desperate.
You may be feeling overwhelmed and hopeless because you know something has to change, but you are not sure what or how.
Working with an experienced and professional couples counsellor can help you discover the spark and passion that you once shared.
Through couples or relationship therapy you can:
- build bridges to reconnect with each other to form a safe, loving and respectful relationship
- discover how to work through conflict in a way that brings you closer together
- understand and begin to change the negative, destructive and ingrained cycles of relating
- learn how to listen deeply and speak honestly in a way that enhances your ability to support and grow together as a couple
- reignite the spark that you once had and rediscover the love that brought you together in the first place
- deepen your physical and emotional connection with each other; make your sex-life a haven for connection and nourishment
- develop a clearer sense of self so that you feel more confident, motivated and self-assured
- overcome anxiety and depression as your relationship improves
- learn to communicate in effective and powerful ways, which supports your relationship becoming stronger and more resilient
When your relationship is in trouble, couples counselling can be the best investment in your future happiness and well-being.
If you are a gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered person, your relationship issues are unique and can benefit from the attention of a specialised gay therapist.
If you are seeking gay couples counselling, you will want to work with a therapist who intimately understands the context and issues of your choices and lifestyle.
As a gay man who has been ‘out’ for over 15 years, I deeply understand many of the relationship problems that you may be dealing with. I have specialised training and experience in relationship therapy and have helped many gay couples create long-lasting and loving relationships.
I have been serving the Sydney GLBT community for over a decade and I am passionate about helping individuals and couples create and live great lives.
Are you ready to start living a great gay life?
If so, click on the ‘book now’ button below to view our online appointment diary and available counselling appointments. We will confirm your appointment within 24 hours.
If you are not ready to book your appointment, call us on 0412 241 410 to arrange your FREE, confidential, 15-minute consultation to hear how Sydney Gay Counselling can help you.