Reignite the Spark You’ve Lost and Create a Great Relationship
If you and your partner are struggling to connect, communicate, or find the love and passion you once had, working with a couples therapist that specialises in same-sex couples can help.
Do you relate to any of the following?
- you and your partner are living increasingly separate lives and you struggle to connect with each other
- you feel anxious and depressed because of the endless cycles of fighting and distancing
- you constantly hurt each other in painful fights where conflict is never resolved
- you both feel unheard and have given up trying to communicate
- the spark has gone out of your relationship; it feels like you’re living together as friends or flat-mates
- you notice a lack of affection and your sex-life is diminishing or non-existent
- you think your partner is cheating and you both keep secrets that create more pain and distance
- you struggle to trust each other and are suspicious, jealous, or insecure about your relationship and where it’s heading
When your relationship is not working it can affect every aspect of your life; your work, relationships with friends and family, and your overall ability to feel happiness and joy.
Relationship conflict can lead to anxiety, depression, and poor physical health.
When complaints lead to criticisms and defensiveness leads to stonewalling, you may be finding yourself in a relationship where you feel contempt, disrespect, and disconnection. You don’t know how you got there, because it was all so easy-going in the beginning.
Perhaps you’re increasingly feeling alone and unsupported by your partner. You keep hitting roadblocks every time you try to work through your differences and you’re left feeling frustrated and desperate.
You may be feeling overwhelmed and hopeless because you know something has to change, but you’re not sure what or how.
Working with an experienced and professional gay couples counsellor can help you discover the spark and passion that you once shared.
Through same-sex couples or relationship therapy you can:
- build bridges to reconnect with each other to form a safe, loving, and respectful relationship
- discover how to work through conflict in a way that brings you closer together
- understand and begin to change the negative, destructive and ingrained cycles of relating
- learn how to listen deeply and speak honestly in a way that enhances your ability to support and grow together as a couple
- reignite the spark you once had and rediscover the love that brought you together
- deepen your physical and emotional connection with each other; make your sex-life a haven for connection and nourishment
- develop a clearer sense of self so you feel more confident, motivated, and self-assured
- overcome anxiety and depression as your relationship improves
- learn to communicate in effective and powerful ways, which supports your relationship becoming stronger and more resilient
When your relationship is in trouble, couples counselling can be the best investment in your future happiness and well-being.
If you are a gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered person, your relationship issues are unique and can benefit from the attention of a specialised gay therapist.
If you’re seeking gay couples counselling, you’ll want to work with a therapist who intimately understands the context and issues of your choices and lifestyle.
As a gay man who has been ‘out’ for over 25 years, I deeply understand many of the relationship problems that you may be dealing with. I have specialised training and experience in relationship therapy and have helped many same-sex couples create long-lasting and loving relationships.
I’ve been serving the Australian LGBTQIA+ community for over two decades and I’m passionate about helping gay individuals and couples create and live great lives.
Are you ready to start living a great gay life?
Call us on (02) 8968 9323 or click the button below to book an appointment today.