Overcome Your Sexual Issues and Get Your Sex Life Back on Track
If you’re a gay man or in a gay relationship and struggling with sexual issues, don’t suffer in silence. Sex therapy with an experienced gay counsellor can help you resolve your sexual issues and live your life with confidence.
Do you relate to any of the following?
- “Help! We used to have a great sex life but we’ve drifted apart and now we’re in a sexless relationship.”
- “My partner is struggling with sexual dysfunction and we don’t know how to resolve it.”
- “We want to explore an open relationship. How can do this so we don’t hurt each other?”
- “I can’t stop watching porn. Do I have a pornography addiction?”
- “I’m into kink, but my partner is into vanilla sex. Is this a deal-breaker?”
- “I’m obsessed with cruising and hookups. I’m worried I might have a sex addiction.”
- “We’re in a polyamorous relationship and we’re struggling with jealousy issues and need help.”
- “My partner and I love each other but we seem to be sexually incompatible. Does this mean we shouldn’t be together?”
- “I feel performance anxiety whenever I have sex and lose my erection.”
When your sexual relationship isn’t working it can be a source of tension and conflict and gradually tear you apart.
And if you’re a single gay man with sexual issues, it can destroy your confidence and self-esteem.
The truth is, many gay men struggle with sexual issues and aren’t sure how to resolve them.
The good news is you can overcome your sexual issues by working with an experienced sex therapist who understands what it’s like to be gay.
How can I help?
I can help you talk through your sexual issues in a safe space.
Some of the sexual issues I work with include:
- delayed or premature ejaculation, difficulty getting or maintaining an erection, and painful anal sex
- negotiating an open or polyamorous relationship and helping you decide if it’s the right option for you and your partner
- dealing with out of control sexual behaviours (commonly called “sex addiction” in popular culture) such as compulsive urges to cruise for sex and engage in sexual activity
- sexless relationships – finding out what’s really going on that’s causing you to drift apart
- gay couples with desire discrepancy – when you and your partner have mismatched libidos and one wants sex more than the other
- gay couples where one partner is interested in kink or fetishes and the other partner isn’t interested in kink
- high-risk sexual behaviours such as exposing a partner to the risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including HIV
- problematic pornography use (sometimes called “porn addiction”) that’s interfering with living the life you want
- couples where one partner is dealing with confusion about their sexual orientation or sexual identity
What results can you expect?
Through working with an experienced sex therapist for gay couples and individuals you can have:
- renewed sexual closeness, intimacy, and vitality in your gay relationship
- open, honest, and respectful communication about sexual issues
- fewer disagreements and conflict about the type or frequency of sex you’re having
- a satisfying sex life that leads to you and your partner feeling great about yourself and your relationship
- a deeper understanding of your sexuality and your partner’s sexual needs
- less anxiety and stress about your sexual performance
- new ideas and solutions for long-standing sexual problems
Even if you’re in a relationship and your partner won’t come for gay couples sex therapy, you can still attend on your own and experience positive change in your relationship.
What’s my gay sex therapy approach?
I use best practices and a sex-positive approach when I work with gay individuals and couples with sexual issues. My work is based on the six principles of sexual health (Braun-Harvey, 2009), which are:
- Consent – I believe safe, consensual sex is a human right that leads to mutually positive sexual interactions.
- Honesty – I support you and your sexual partner(s) in having open and honest communication about your sexuality and sexual desires.
- Nonexploitation – I believe mutually satisfying sexual experiences come from not taking unfair advantage of your partner.
- Shared values – I help you understand the meaning of sex for you and your partner(s) and what values you do and don’t share.
- Protection from STIs/HIV – I support you in maintaining that your sexual interactions do not harm you or your partners.
- Pleasure – I believe mutually pleasurable sexual activity is an important part of sexual health that involves giving and receiving pleasure in a safe way.
If you’re a single gay man or in a gay relationship, your sexual issues are unique and can benefit from the attention of a specialised gay therapist.
When your sexual relationship is in trouble, or you’re struggling with individual sexual issues, counselling with an experienced sex therapist can be the best investment in your future happiness and wellbeing.
And if you’re seeking counselling for sexual issues, you’ll want to work with a therapist who understands what it’s like to be a gay man.
As a gay man who has been ‘out’ for over 25 years, I understand the sexual problems that you may be dealing with.
I have specialised training and experience in sex therapy and working with sexual issues. I’ve helped countless gay couples and individuals create long-lasting and loving relationships.
I’ve been serving the Australian LGBTQIA+ community since 2003 and I’m passionate about helping you create a great gay life.
Are you ready to start living a great gay life?
Call us on (02) 8968 9323 or click the button below to book an appointment today.