Feel Pride About Your Sexual Orientation and Identity
If you’re confused about whether you’re gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender, working with a skilled psychotherapist can show you the way forward.
Do you relate to any of the following?
- you feel attracted to the same sex, yet hide your feelings and feel shame about yourself and your attraction
- you feel lost and confused about whether you’re straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, and don’t know how to find out
- you hate that you’re living a secret double life; everyone thinks you’re straight, but you know you’re not and feel scared to ‘come out’
- you worry that if you ‘come out’ you may lose your friends, family, or your job
- you wonder if the feelings you have mean you’re abnormal or a deviant
- your sexual orientation or sexual identity seems to get in the way of you forming an intimate and satisfying relationship long-term relationship
- you feel anxious, depressed, and alone and don’t know where to turn for support
- you don’t know how to connect with others that may feel the same way you do
If you are relating to some of these issues, then you need to keep reading…
Feeling confused about your sexual orientation or sexual identity can be a lonely experience. Perhaps you’ve always known you were different, but you didn’t know what to make of it. Perhaps you haven’t know who to turn to or where to get support. You don’t seem to fit in and life feels like a struggle.
When you’re lost in a sea of confusion it can affect every aspect of your life, health, and happiness.
You don’t know where to turn, but help is closer than you think…
If you’re struggling with issues of coming out or sexual identity, you will want to reach out to a counsellor who is a part of the LGBTQIA+ community and intimately understands the context and issues of your life.
Since 2003 I’ve been working as a gay and lesbian counsellor and psychotherapist and have been “out” for over 25 years.
I’ve been through the process of coming out and understand the challenges and struggles that you may be experiencing. I’m committed to helping you sort through issues of coming out or sexual identity so that you can find your way forward.
Through sexual orientation or sexual identity counselling you can:
- move out of shame and into pride about who you are and how you choose to live your life
- develop positive self-esteem and confidence that comes from owning your sexuality and living a full and rich life
- eradicate depression and anxiety so that you can form relationships that are enriching and rewarding
- find ways to develop friendships and belong to the LGBTQ community
- gain support for coming out to family and friends, if that’s the right choice for you
- feel relief at no longer being alone with your secret double life
- learn to accept yourself in a way where you’re the creator of your life and relationships
I appreciate that reaching out to a counsellor and speaking about your sexual orientation can be frightening, however, I’ll work hard to make sure your experience is rewarding and beneficial.
Working with a trained counsellor can help you develop fresh perspectives and connect with your own resources so you can begin to make significant shifts in your life and start living a great life.
I’m a qualified clinical counsellor and psychotherapist and have been serving the Australian gay and lesbian community for over two decades. I’m passionate about helping LGBTQ individuals and couples create and live great gay lives.
Are you ready to start living a great gay life?
Call us on (02) 8968 9323 or click the button below to book an appointment today.