If you are confused about whether you are gay, lesbian, bisexual or your sexual identity, you may find working with a skilled professional counsellor or therapist can show you the way forward.
Do you relate to any of the following?
- you feel attracted to the same sex, yet hide your feelings and feel shame about yourself and your attraction
- you feel lost and confused about whether you are straight, gay, lesbian or bisexual and don’t know how to find out
- you hate that you are living a secret double life; everyone thinks you are straight, but you know you’re not and feel scared to ‘come out’
- you worry that if you ‘come out’ you may lose your friends, family and your job
- you wonder if the feelings you have mean you are abnormal or a deviant
- your sexual orientation or sexual identity seems to get in the way of you forming an intimate and satisfying relationship long-term relationship
- you feel anxious, depressed and alone and don’t know where to turn for support
- you don’t know how to connect with others that may feel the same way you do
If you are relating to some of these issues, then you need to keep reading…
Feeling confused about your sexual orientation or sexual identity can be a lonely experience. Perhaps you have always known you were different, but you just didn’t know what to make of it. Perhaps you haven’t know who to turn to or where to get support. You don’t seem to fit in and life feels like a struggle.
When you are lost in a sea of confusion it can affect every aspect of your life, health and happiness.
You don’t know where to turn, but help is closer than you think…
If you are struggling with issues of coming out or sexual identity, you will want to reach out to a counsellor who is a part of the GLBT community and intimately understands the context and issues of your choices and lifestyle.
I have over a decade of experience working as a counsellor and psychotherapist and have been out for over 20 years.
I have been through the process of coming out and understand the challenges and struggles that you may be experiencing. I am committed to helping you sort through issues of coming out or sexual identity, so that you can find your way forward.
Through sexual orientation or sexual identity counselling you can:
- move out of shame and into pride about who you are and how you live your life
- develop a positive self-esteem and confidence that comes from owning your sexuality and living a full and rich life
- eradicate depression and anxiety so that you can form relationships that are enriching and rewarding
- find ways to develop friendships and belong to the GLBT community
- gain support for coming out to family and friends, if that is the right choice for you
- feel relief at no longer being alone with your secret double life
- learn to accept yourself in a way where you are the creator of your life and relationships
I appreciate that reaching out to a counsellor and speaking about your sexual orientation can be frightening, however, I will work hard to make sure your experience is rewarding and beneficial.
Working with a trained counsellor can help you develop fresh perspectives and connect with your own resources, so that you can begin to make significant shifts in your life and start living a great life.
I am a qualified clinical counsellor and psychotherapist and have been serving the Sydney gay and lesbian community for over a decade. I am passionate about helping individuals and couples create and live great gay lives.
Are you ready to start living a great gay life?
Call us on (02) 8968 9323 to book an appointment today.