Working with an experienced therapist can help you develop healthy self-esteem and confidence.
Take charge of your life and happiness!
It’s not easy growing up gay in a straight world. Not only are you in the minority, but you likely have always been painfully aware of how you are different from others.
If you are a gay man or lesbian woman, it is very likely that you have been on the receiving end of discrimination, prejudice and homophobia at one time or another. You may be struggling with these very issues right now. These experiences can have a profound effect on you. You may be feeling depressed, suffering from anxiety or struggling to feel confident and happy with yourself and your life.
Do you relate to any of the following?
- you constantly doubt yourself and can’t seem to make good decisions
- you worry whether you will ever have the ability to form a long-term, intimate relationship with someone else
- you struggle to accept yourself and constantly criticize how you look, who you are and what you are doing
- you feel depressed about your life and don’t seem to be able to move ahead personally or professionally
- you are frightened of being judged or criticized by others because you are gay or lesbian and feel awkward in social settings
- you feel stuck in the gay scene; you’re partying constantly and living in a cycle of big highs and even bigger lows
- you feel nervous and insecure when you are not around gay people or in the gay community
- you use alcohol or drugs to get over your anxiety in social situations
If you are relating to some of these statements you may find that you don’t get what you really want in life.
Your relationships don’t work out, you miss out on that job you really wanted or you just can’t seem to feel good about yourself and your life. Maybe you are endlessly partying and just feel empty inside. Your relationships are fickle and superficial and you crave to have real connections with people. There has to be another way, but you are not sure what it looks like or how to get there.
You don’t have to struggle alone. There is another way…
I can help you develop fresh perspectives and connect with your own resources, so that you can begin to make significant shifts in your life and start living a great life.
In our counselling work together you can:
- develop a strong a confident sense of self where you go after what you want in life
- feel self-assured and confident; you can make decisive decisions that move you towards your life goals
- discover how to create a healthy, loving and long-lasting relationship that is a source of joy in your life
- move out of depression and anxiety so that you can develop personally and professionally
- begin to love, accept and feel good about yourself, how you look and the decisions you make
- feel confident about making new connections where you are actively involved in any social situations, straight or gay
- discover how to create a rich and rewarding life that goes beyond just the ‘gay scene’
- feel proud of who you are and attract people into your life that provide you with deep and nourishing connections and enjoyment
I understand that reaching out to a counsellor and speaking about your struggles can be frightening or anxiety provoking. One of the best things you can do for yourself if to reach out to a professional counsellor who works with the GLBT community and understands what you are going through. In our work together I will work hard to make sure your counselling experience is rewarding and beneficial.
I have been out for over 20 years and intimately understand the very issues you may be struggling with.
I am a qualified clinical counsellor and psychotherapist and have been serving the Sydney GLBT community for over a decade. I am passionate about helping individuals and couples create and live great gay lives.
Are you ready to start living a great gay life?
If so, click on the ‘book now’ button below to view our online appointment diary and available counselling appointments. We will confirm your appointment in less than 24 hours.